- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Music. I LOVE music. Now, I'm not telling anyone to burn me CD's cause that's illegal, and I don't need the law breathing down my neck, but I do so love the tunes. I'm a fan of AC/DC, Classic Rock, movie & Broadway soundtracks, Classical... just about anything but hip hop or rap.
2. A brown purse. I need one, and I never remember to buy myself one.
3. Fan fiction. Drabbles, short stories, some sentences strung together with duct tape and bailing wire... I don't care! I'm a huge D/G fan, but I like a lot of other ships, too. I like comedy... things that make me laugh, and romance. I cannot take unhappy endings. They make me want to jump off a bridge. Also - I'm still obesessed with the idea of a ticklish Draco, and haven't ever been assuaged. Take pity, huh?
4. A full time maid, cook, laundress and chauffeur.
5. Icons! Movie quotes, Funny, pretty, snarky, personalized... I don't care! Or for someone to teach me how to make the silly things.
6. ART! I love paintings, cartoons, drawings, doodles, photographs, chickenscratch... anything you'd like to send, please do! Some fan art of one of my stories would be cool...
7. Picture frames. *shrugs*
8. A new laptop. *glares at hubs*
9. I collect handkerchiefs and teacups & saucers. Those are always fun to get.
10. Books. Cookbooks, novels, biographies, non-fiction, books about broadway, acting, actors/actresses, movies... anything.