* Ants. I abhor and destest them on a level previously only occupied by my loathing of children's birthday parties. We've had the house sprayed THREE TIMES. And yet they persist. I saw one on the kitchen cabinet yesterday and he said, "Hey, you! Make me a sandwich!" This must end. It's them or me, and I am one stubborn woman.
* Fandom. I have watched a glut of BSG in the last week, and I only lack the last four or five episodes of season 2.5. Or 2.0. Whatever. I don't understand that whole delineation. But they will arrive via Netflix shortly, and then I will commence with the Dr. Who festival.
* Hubs. Goes from fantastically wonderful to Giant Throbbing Ass (or GTA - my pet name for him for the first 4 years we were married) in 2.6 seconds. I truly wish that he'd pick a personality and stay with it. It's exhausting.
* Piracy. SO.... is it wrong to check out CD's from the library and download them onto itunes? Is that a mortal sin, or can I skate by? I feel as if it's vaguely morally ambiguous. Besides, they don't have any really good CD's, just stuff you'd find in the bargain bin at Hastings and wouldn't want to buy.
* Food. Sis shared a recipe for Roasted Tomato Basil Soup which my entire family oohed and ahhed over for the entirety of the meal. It's going in the permanent cookbook, Em. It was THAT fabulous. Nolan used more yummy adjectives than I've ever heard. It heats up the kitchen, but if you like soup, it's totally worth it. You could probably blend this in a blender or a food processor, but I didn't as I own neither. It was chunky, but no one complained. My blender fell victim to a strawberry dacquiri accident a couple of months ago and I haven't replaced it; I'm hoping for a food processor for Christmas. :)
3 lbs roma or plum tomatoes
6 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp butter
6 green onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz. can plum tomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 c chicken broth
1/4 tsp thyme
2 c. chopped fresh basil (really expensive if you don't grow your own)
pinch of cayenne
salt & pepper to taste
Toss the 3 lbs. tomatoes in 3 tbsp of the olive oil & some salt and pepper. Roast at 375 degrees in a rimmed baking sheet for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Saute onion and garlic in the remaining olive oil and butter in a large stock pot over med-lo heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. When tomatoes are done, add them and all of their juce to the onion and garlic mixture. Mash with potato masher. Add chicken broth, basil canned tomatoes, thyme, cayenne, and salt & pepper. Let it simmer for 35-40 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cream to it when serving.
* Solitude. School starts in 5 days. Am giddy with the prospect of being alone every day for almost 6 hours.
* Podcasts and Novel Length Fics. Recording will definetely be easier, as I have permission to record In Vino Veritas by embe11ished, The Pleasure of Your Company, Over Time First Friends, My Anything, Primrose Path, and Our Winter. That's exciting, huh? The September Podcast is shaping up to look kind of cool, too, with stuff from rainpuddle13, mugglechump, arglefraster, kaygina, and mynuet, I think. I printed out a post DH cookie with the name of 'Resolution'. Does anyone know who that belongs to? Is it yours, Myn? Like an idiot, I didn't write the author's name on it. 60sfreak is deconstructing Deathly Hallows. I can't wait.
That's it. Have a nice day, all.