Instead, I've facebooked and LJ'ed and read fics from the d/gficexchange. And I've meme'ed. Let's not forget the memes. :)
I'm pretty sure I stole these from reenie1 and Cinnamon Badge (Whose LJ username I can never remember!) Can't be sure, though. I've looked at a LOT of Livejournals today. :)
1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4-7 sentences on your LJ along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest (unless it's too troublesome to reach and is really heavy. Then go back to step 1).
Here's mine: It's from the book that my mother gave me this weekend, that she bought because J.K Rowling is quoted on the front cover as saying that the author is a 'charismatic narrator'. I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith.
"Simon went to the door and opened it. I ran full tilt down the stairs and across to him. There was a light above the door that made everything seem pitch black beyond.
"Don't catch them," I whispered.
He smiled down at me in astonishment. "Good heavens, I'm not going to hurt them." He went down the steps and shouted, "Anyone there?"
There was a stifled laugh quite close.
Hm. I haven't started it yet. Perhaps the charasmatic bit is on another page?
2. Do you have a favorite type of pen? Uniball. They rock.
3. Look at your planner for March 14, what are you doing? Since I don’t have next year’s planner, last March 14 was spent in Rehearsal for The Lonesome West.
4. What color are your toenails usually? Go Chili!
5. What was the last thing you highlighted? The bible, perhaps? Or a podcast fic.
6. What color are your bedroom curtains? Gold, russet, green floral print. It’s actually prettier than it sounds.
7. What color are the seats in your car? Grey leather.
8. Have you ever had a black and white cat? Yes, actually. Her name was Stephanie. I’m pretty sure my sister and I used to torture her.
9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on? A bill. The water bill, I believe.
10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming? Do I? I don’t think so.
11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time? I don’t have an ATM card due to my husband’s paranoia. If I want cash I have to go to the bank during normal business hours.
12. Who is the last baby that you held? Atticus, Jayme’s baby. Yes, that’s his real name.
13. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names? Kristy and Kathy?
14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste? No. If you want flavour, eat.
15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago? A 2001 Red Suburban. *salutes* I don’t miss it.
16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators: I don’t think there’s a subject that I care less about.
17. Last time you went to Six Flags: When I worked there in high school.
18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house? No. Lots of different colors of paint, though.
19. Closest thing to you that is yellow: star-shaped sticky notes
20. Last person to give you a business card? T-shirt printing company, when I ordered the shirts for Hubby’s softball team.
21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to? Children’s Healthcare Associates. Evidently my insurance doesn’t cover all vaccinations.
22. Closest framed picture to you? My wedding portrait.
23. Last time you had someone cook for you? Saturday. Mom made this fabulous tomato-cheese-basil pasta dish. Yummy.
24. Have you ever applied for welfare? No.
25. How many emails do you have? Usually about 15 a day.
26. Last time you received flowers? From Jason when he house-sat for me.
27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man and a woman? I’m not getting political today, thanks.
28. What kind of milk do you drink? Whole. All or nothing, baby.
29. Do you play air guitar? No. Aaron does, though. He and Ethan have a band. Ethan plays Drums.
30. Do you take anything in your coffee? Milk and Splenda.
31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines? Yes. Students have given them as gifts; I’ve never bought any.
32. Have you ever owned a Beanie Baby? Um, I think there may be one floating around from a Happy Meal. They aren’t mine, though.
33. Last person you spoke to from high school: Marlena? And by ‘spoken’ I mean a comment on LJ.
34. Last time you used hand sanitizer: Sunday. Cabin germs. Little boy germs. Ick.
35. Would you like to learn to play the drums? No.
36. What color are the blinds in your living room? Don’t have blinds. White sheers.
37. What is in your inbox at work? Nothing, work hasn’t begun for me, yet.
38. Last thing you read in the newspaper: Probably ‘Dear Abby’ or ‘Hints from Heloise’. They’re on the page that the crossword is in, which is, in fact, why I still subscribe to the Amascrillo Globe Snooze.
39. What was the last pageant you attended? I’ve never.
40. Where is the last place you bought pizza from? Basil Docs?
41. Have you ever worn a crown? For a costume, certainly. I played Gertrude for a one-act, once.
42. What is the last thing you stapled? Fics to be read for a podcast.
43. Did you ever drink Clear Pepsi? No. That doesn’t even sound right, does it? And Coke is the way to go, people. Pepsi’s for fascists. ;)
44. Are you ticklish? Yes. Tickling is a form of torture in some countries, and is NOT funny. Ever.
45. Last time you saw fireworks: The 4th.
46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut: Five years? I didn’t like them *puts hands up at the horrified gasps* There’s a hometown store here that are waaaaay better. Donut Stop rules, even if I don’t eat them anymore.
47. Who is the last person that left you a message and you actually returned their call? Jason?
48. Last time you parked under a carport: I’ve no idea.
49. Do you have a black dog? YES! Katie Bell, Kate the Great, or Katherine Elizabeth.
50. Do you have any pickles in your fridge? Yes. Several different kinds, from sweet gherkins to kosher dills. They’re fat free.
51. Are you an aunt or uncle? I'm an Aunt. Aunt Carrie
52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of? Nolan’s are ice blue. Quite nice.
53. Last time you saw a semi truck: Yesterday.
54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe? Vaguely.
55. Do you have a little black dress? One for every day of the week, or more!
And Ethan has a fever today, again. It's only 101.5 today. Yeterday it was 103.3. We have a 2:45 dr. appt. Yay.