As opposed to showers.
Just so you know, I believe everyone should bathe, but I believe how you do it is optional.
Anyway, I few months ago, I got a recipe for a detox bath from one of my actress friends, Annika. And since the winter creeping crud is going around, I decided this morning was a good time to take one of these bad boys.
Detox baths are awesome. And they WORK. I felt like death on a cracker earlier this morning, and after one of these baths, I now feel... like less than that... Maybe just a cracker, without all the death. There are lots of detox bath recipes out there; Some of them contain apple cider vinegar, some use hydrogen peroxide. Mine contains neither of these, but seek out the ingredients you have on hand or meet your symptoms, and use what works best for you.
1/2 - 2 cups Epsom Salts or Magnesium Sulfate (The amount varies according to your weight)
1 - 2 cups Baking Soda
Ground ginger or fresh grated ginger
Rose Water or preferred Essential Oils
1. Fill your tub with warm to hot water. Whatever's most comfortable for you. Add Epsom Salts. (For kids up to 60 pounds, add 1/2 a cup, 60-100 pounds, 1 cup and over 100 pounds, 2 cups.)
2. Add 1 - 2 cups (or more) of baking soda.
3. Add the 1 TBSP - 1/3 cup ginger. (Most people sweat a LOT with the addition of the ginger - but that's what detox baths are all about. Go for it.)
4. And I add 3 - 4 Tbsp rose water or other oil of your choice. I used Rosewater because I had it, because it smells good and because it has anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Swish all your ingredients in the tub, then soak of 40 minutes. The first 20 minutes are to detoxify, the second twenty are to absorb all the good stuff in the bath.
6. Get out of the tub slowly and carefully. Your body's been working hard & you may feel lightheaded. and you don't want to slip from all the stuff in your tub.
7. Drink plenty of water so your body can flush out all the toxins.
I hope everyone out there had a merry Christmas and is staying clear of all the winter sickness! And if not, try the detox bath. I think it really works.