Make a post (public, friends locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 12 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love an icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for __ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
* If you wish for real life things (not stories or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
* Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
*Surf around your friends list (or friends’ friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
And now here's the important part:
*If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use — or even know where you could get someone's dream pure bred Basset Hound for free — do it.
* You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out; it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not—it's your call.
* There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish and it might come true. Give and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. A new carafe lid for my coffee pot. Mine melted in the dishwasher. :(
2. A chafing dish. (I know. I'm SUCH a dork.)
3. A scarf. I love long scarves. All kinds.
4. I collect antique teacups and handkerchiefs, and blue and white china.
5. Music. Music is love. All kinds. Soundtracks, classic rock, adult contemporary, classical, or a mix of your favorites.
6. Recipes! Especially family recipes - special ones that you love. Also, cookbooks! Giada DeLaurentis, Ina Garten, Alton Brown, etc.
7. Tell me a joke. Send me a link! Make me laugh! I'm an easy room, ask anyone.
8. Handmade items. I love the things that people take the time to make for me, and use them all the time.
9. Shoes. Size 7 1/2. Shoes ALWAYS fit. :) Thank God.
10. Art: real art, fan art, watercolor, sketches, oil on canvas, I'm up for it all.
11. Vintage patterns. 40's, 50's, or 60's, especially.
12. Fan fiction. Original fiction. Anyone that writes knows what I love. :D Fluffy, funny, smart aleck-y good stuff with happy endings.
You can contact me at email@example.com. :)
Now it's your turn! Post your wishes. You never know, someone might have JUST what you want!