However, a friend posted this devotional this morning, and I think it deserves a re-post. It comes from the Bible, more specifically Romans 12, and 2000 years later, it still rocks out loud. Even if you aren't a Christian, these are pretty fantastic goals for your life.
1. Love must be sincere.
2. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
3. Be devoted to one another in love.
4. Honor one another above yourselves.
5. Never give up. Keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
6. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
7. Share with people who are in need.
8. Practice hospitality.
9. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
10. When others are happy, be happy with them, and when they are sad, be sad.
11. Be friendly with everyone.
12. Don't be proud and feel that you are smarter than others. Make friends with ordinary people.
13. Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
14. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
Some of these need particular work in my life. *coughcough* But I feel like that pretty much covers anything I could resolve, in one way or another. Long story short, I think 2010 is gonna be a good one.
Have a good week, y'all.