- The boys had an awesome time at golf and tennis camp. They are tanner and blonder and worn out, but happy.
- I did some fun shopping with mom, got to cook with my little sister, fix my niece's gorgeous hair, argue the semantics of a properly drawn sun with my nephew, absconded with some custom made pottery from my Tom, drank a bottle of wine with my girlfriend and discovered my BIL's sense of humor.
- Traffic. Good heavens. It took 30 minutes to get out of Arlington today, and another 45 to get out of the metroplex. How the heck did I ever live there? I 35 has got to be on one of the rings of hell.
- Also, the heat. The heeeeaaat. The humidity. The freakin' mosquitoes. Good heavens above. My skin may dry out on the caprock, but at least my hair looks good. ;)
- I slipped an fell (on my face!) on Mom and Tom's deck this morning and I'm a mass of aches and pains. Man, I feel old. Knee and shoulder are not working properly, even after having been iced down after it happened.
- The boys and I listened to Deathly Hallows on the way home. Six hours of listening to Jim Dale, and we're not even to the 500 page camping trip. Long winded much, JK?
- I like Jim's character voices, but his narration voice drives me cuh-razy. Also, his Hermione voice. "Harrrrryyyyyyyyy!." Good gracious. Do people talk like that?
- Six hours in a car. I stopped in a drive through for dinner and the boys ran in for a pit stop, but I realized once I was home that I never got out of the car, from Arlington to Amarillo.
- We got a new mattress while I was away, apparently. The Carrie and Nolan bed saga (with a MPAA rating of PG) deserves a post of its own. For now, I'm going to say, "Um... no."
- I took two Advil Pm about 30 minutes ago (so I could sleep through the aches and pains from my idiotic fall) and it's like typing with gloves on. Lots of backspacing.
- It's good to be home. I'd say it was great to be in my own bed... but this ain't it.
- Since I'm about to crash face first into the laptop, (twice in one day on my face would be a bit much, methinks) I'll bid everyone a good night and happy weekend!